. Last year I did it. Didn't miss a day. This year I signed up pretty early, but this is my first post and it's already November 5. Yup, I've nablown it.
How it happened (if you care):Nov 1
- up late finishing a contract; failed to post before midnight, cursed self, shook fists impotently at the heavensNov 2
- very busy day of long-delayed now urgent errands, then picked up friend at airport arriving here from Whitehorse, picked up two more friends, bourbon was poured, dinner was eaten, wine was poured, more bourbon was poured, unruly and progressively more bewildering game of Settlers of Catan, blonde wigs, cookies tossed (literally, dark chocolate Le Petit Ecolier strewn across the table), bed at 4, nablopowhuuuuuuut?Nov 3
- have mercy, watched Jesus Camp
on couch with pals, wept for America and those poor kidsNov 4
- too depressed about missing first three days entirely, helped friend clean stove top with Q-tips while yapping together about interesting things, helped ESL friend with homework, went for delicious sushi, thought about tackling yesterday's dishes in sinkNov 5
- started new job where my office is in the sunlit attic of a renovated and gorgeous old farmhouse surrounded by forests and fields, friends (now also coworkers) threw me a welcome lunch with delicious sandwiches and salad and Jim Beam and homemade pie, fell to knees in gratitude for the sweetness of life