Sunday, July 15, 2007

pooooooooooooooooo

Just found this story in my notes, recorded shortly after one of my seven-month old nieces produced the biggest poop ever.

(So right there, I've just reduced the number of readers who continue from approx. 10 to approx. 3!! Hi Mom! Hi Dad! Hi Sister!)

"Was it up the back?" I asked, (deploying what knowledge I have of these matters).

"It was up the back and the FRONT," she replied. "I had to throw out the shirt."

"Really?! Straight to the garbage?" said I, incredulous.*

"Directly to the garbage. I even considered cutting it off her body, but I was afraid to use scissors so close to a baby. It was everywhere. It was on the walls. She looked like she'd been rolling in mud. I had to use two tubs of water. And she kept flailing and reaching down."

Um, so there you go. It's been a slow Sunday because I'm afraid I'm getting that freaking sore throat back - but I fly to Whitehorse on Wednesday for two weeks of fun fun fun til Daddy takes the t-bird away - and want to be healthy.

----
*For context, my older sister has already raised two babies, isn't squeamish about poop, not an exaggerator, is a huge environmentalist and is not wasteful in any way... so like, this is serious.

3 Comments:

At July 16, 2007 2:39 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

See, now perhaps I'm slightly twisted, but that's an entertaining story. Very blogworthy.

Some people probably search for poo stories. Granted, they are perhaps not the kind of people you're going to be comfortable spending any time with, but still...

Somebody should write a blog post about the changing color of kids poo. I know mothers talk about it all the time. I've heard them. And the consistency of breast milk.

On second thoughts, perhaps somebody shouldn't write about that. lol

 
At July 18, 2007 11:27 a.m., Blogger The Dude said...

Extremely voluminous baby poos are one of the wonders of nature. Why do they decide to stop pooping for 10 days? Where do they store the 8 or so litres of poop? Why do they decide to release it, filling their car seat to overflowing, when you're on the express lanes of the 401 in the middle of Toronto, at least an hour from your final destination? Perhaps we'll never know.

 
At November 07, 2007 4:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

y do u talk abot poooooooooo! cos it sicK>.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home