Thursday, July 12, 2007

a proposition, a couch, a bottle of viognier

Before you get any funny ideas, you scoundrel, I just watched The Proposition and got quietly hosed on une bouteille de Viognier, un vin de Pays d'Oc par Les Jamelles, a wine I bought because of the beautiful label, and bought a case of because of the flava-flave. Delicious!

As for The Proposition, beautifully shot, and for the record, I freaking can't believe Guy Pearce was Felicia in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Well done, sir, well done. My summary: flies, lots of flies, Irish accents, the Outback, moral ambiguity, and is Emily Watson related to my grandma? Maybe. She might be. Distant cousin is my guess.

Anyway, you, my robust and understanding little readers, you can handle the intoxicated blogging and warmly accept that I needed a (hosed) break. See, you may not know this, but sometimes I edit books on the side (if you can believe the appalling grammatical crap and sub-standard punctuation I let slip here) and on top of the old 9-5 it sometimes leaves me very very LE TIRED. But they are just so interesting, and they are part of what helps preserve my, oh, what do you call it, "will to live"... so I keep doing it. Yes. And then sometimes I find myself dancing around in a dive bar on the Quebec side in my leopard print bra with a bunch of other half-naked people in dorky costumes to shake the dust off. See? It all works out, and no one needs to know.

My astrologically fabulous sometimes roomie just informed me that my north node is in Capricorn, and you know what THAT means, kids. (Keep in mind she prefaces most of her elaborate astrologically-based hyper-analytical pronouncements informed by two years of studying with a well-known astrologer with a South-African-accented: "Now, I don't believe ANY of this but..." and do I ever love her the more for it.) Well what it means is, I supposedly have to start getting practical. Enough of this lovey-dovey nice-to-other-people thing. That Cancer agenda was my past life - apparently - and it's time to be all Capricorny and take care of the WORLD.

Uh, OK! Can I start on that by mercifully ending this post and going to bed? Please. Yes please.

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2007 8:39 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I love Les Jamelles, isn't it just the cutest label? So Amelie-style French Fifties Fantasy..

Oh yes, and tastes good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home