Monday, July 02, 2007

yeah, that one

Back from the Canada Day weekend. Will post shortly. Here's one of my favourite places to sleep: this quilt, this bed, this cabin, this peninsula, this lake, this province, this country.


Where's your favourite place to sleep?

Oh, and a scene from earlier today, when I made my niece and nephew paddle me around the bay for hours without food while I rained down verbal abuse on their heads. "Faster!" I shouted. "You kids are wimps!" I screamed, and "You'll never make the Olympic Team at this rate!" I screeched. I think it was working.


Time to start restricting their protein intake, which I think is making them uppity. Few things worse than a 3 year old and an almost-5 year old with a sense of free will and like, self-respect.

3 Comments:

At July 03, 2007 5:45 p.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

Isn't it great how when you show belief in kids, their self belief increases too - and their effort and motivation.

Children are amazing. I am SO looking forward to later this year :)

 
At July 06, 2007 3:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite place to sleep is in a cabin in Fay Lake, Wisconsin. They are built out over the lake, so you can feel them sway very gently as the water laps up against the stilts and the loons do their thing all night long.

 
At July 08, 2007 2:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that cabin is my favourite place to sleep too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home