Tuesday, November 06, 2007

if music be the food of getting things done, play on!

Two songs I'm listening to obsessively while I work right now:

Chad VanGaalen's Burn 2 Ash - go have a listen.

Andrew Bird's Skin - which you can have a snip of a listen to here. It's the instrumental version of this song:



If anyone knows of a link to a streaming version of the song, lemme know so I can share.

----
UPDATE
Oh, and also the new Radiohead, which everyone is raving about. I could listen to Reckoner again and again. In fact, I do.

The new Arcade Fire is pretty good too.

My friend GWMS said he doesn't like to listen to music very much any more because it mediates and moderates his emotional landscape too much (i.e precisely why everyone else listens to music). He has narrowed his acceptable choices down to 70s heavy metal and Bach. "I have a hard time with anyone my own age or thereabouts telling me how I should feel. Bach can tell me how I should feel because he's old and long-dead."

3 Comments:

At November 06, 2007 11:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

how much did YOU pay for the new Radiohead?

 
At November 07, 2007 2:52 a.m., Blogger sgazzetti said...

Allow me to recommend the new Stars album ("In Our Bedroom After The War"). Highly conducive to eternal repeat.

Allow me to do the opposite of recommend the AmazonMP3 download site. It seems to be designed to punish downloaders, and it will steal your money.

 
At November 07, 2007 2:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

allow me to recommend the new sunset rubdown album - random spirit lover. more quality kanadian indie rock type stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home