Sunday, October 28, 2007

I was born to love you, I was born to lick your face

At some point I'll write something about the weekend in NYC, but because I'm cleaning up my festering sty of a house and later doing yard work because it's leaf pick-up tomorrow (city compost program), thought I'd take (yet another) lame shortcut and just post the contents of a scrap of paper I just found in my home office (so I can throw it out at last).

It's all stuff I wrote down (inexplicably) while watching Caddyshack with some of my best boy friends a year or so ago. (I mean boy friend in the most platonic, least romantic way - they're all married and I'm friends with their wives too.) We were drinking beer. It was someone's birthday.



Most are movie quotes, some are... god knows what.

Oh my god I love the smell of beer in someone's hair.

Want to earn $14 the hard way?

I enjoy skinny-skiing and going to bull fights on acid.

I feel like $100.

Oh, rat farts! stage notes: then is struck by lightning.

Ugly bags of mostly water.

I thought you'd be the man to beat this year.
I guess you'll just have to keep beating yourself.

If you wanna rap, just talk, or get weird with someone...

I have to get inside this dude's pelt and crawl around for a few days.

Note to self: Johnny Captain Reverend, make gopher out of clay for Tom.

In the words of Jean Paul Sartre, "au revoir, gophair". [ed. note: thanks, isoglossia - so much better.]


2 Comments:

At October 29, 2007 7:35 a.m., Blogger sgazzetti said...

I believe the full text of the Sartre quote was, "Au revoir, gophair."

That was on TV here not long ago, and in the name of cultural education I forced my long-suffering wife to watch it. It was much less funny than it seemed when it came out (when Magda was five). However, like "Dude Where's My Car?/Stari, Kje Je Moj Avto?" it does gain a certain something from Slovene subtitling.

Na svidenje, gophair.

 
At November 04, 2007 9:56 p.m., Blogger visionbird said...

haha, nerd that I am, the quote from the list that jumps out at me is "ugly bags of mostly water", spoken by the crystalline entity to the crew of the next generation enterprise.
cuts to the core, don't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home