Monday, October 01, 2007

take a look at where I'm going

I know my posts have been sporadic and lame lately (except for the "8 letters exclusiv") but I've had a lot on my mind.

So hey, I quit my job. Go click that link and hear a terrific little song played in the clawhammer style that I do with such gusto but in such a mediocre--yet enjoyable--way.

As a sidebar, I wrote to Chris Luedecke (the guy who wrote it) asking for a tab for "I Quit My Job" and and he wrote back to say he didn't have a tab but here are some detailed instructions on how to play it, key and chords. Sweet guy! He was at the DCMF this year. He made everyone stomp their dusty feet on the wooden floor of an old wild-west church, without even asking. We couldn't help ourselves.

So I did it today. I quit.

Then, experiencing a bit of giddiness and tumult and aching heart, I went to a friend's for tea (thank you) to settle the hell down, (my cheeks still hot from talking with my boss).

Then I went to the place where I volunteer and worked with some kids on their homework (alliteration, some math, and a short story).

Then I went to a friend's place where her visiting Italian (soon-to-be-lover?) friend from Milan made risotto - the best I've ever had.

Then we all practiced signatures and shared our bad photo ID with each other.

It was more fun than it sounds. All of it.

Now I'm going to go dream about living in a way that doesn't make me rot from the inside.

In the meantime, go enjoy the sensual sounds of the Modern Men.

3 Comments:

At October 02, 2007 3:34 a.m., Blogger sgazzetti said...

Right ON!

(I'm assuming that this is the part where I'm supposed to be all supportive of your decision to not rot from the inside and all.)

 
At October 02, 2007 9:00 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

There are days when I wish I could quite my job and go potato picking or something - and then there are days when I think I must be the most clever person in the world for a few moments...

It's hard.

 
At October 02, 2007 12:12 p.m., Blogger banjeroo said...

Why yes, thanks!

I do have something else lined up, something super fun with good kind and sarcastic people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home