Thursday, August 30, 2007

face and pants

My older sister and I had a really important discussion about making up nicknames and agreed on two general guidelines.

1. Appending "pants" to a word can result in a playful, affectionate nickname.

2. Appending "face" to almost any word will more often result in an insulting, derisive nickname.

Examples:
  • fartpants (teasing!) vs fartface (you're an asshole!)
  • chattypants (isn't it cute how talkative you are!) vs chattyface (STFU)
  • monkeypants (oh, you're just adorable) vs monkeyface (consider a career in radio)

I'm sorry, that's all I've got for you. Now I'm blowing town for five days.

By all means, feel free to contribute your own charming examples in the comments while I go play at the cottage and swim with my sisters and drink delicious St. Ambroise beer on big hunks of tree-dappled, sun-warmed granite.

2 Comments:

At September 03, 2007 1:56 p.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

You have seen the Star Wars Pants page on the internet, right?

Where they substitute the word pants into almost every line of the entire script...

"Use the pants, Luke!"

 
At September 04, 2007 7:18 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

W-O-W guys, good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home