Wednesday, November 12, 2008

things on my bookshelf that maybe shouldn't be there

- blonde wig, shoulder-length bob, straight bangs
- plastic produce bag with a round piece of soap in it
- box printed with image of a set of encyclopedias - in the box, nothing

Hey, if you want to laugh your ass off, go listen to Margaret Atwood reading "Payback" on CBC's Massey Lectures. I'll try to find the link later.

She reads in this unbelievable monotone that will slowly loosen your grip on sanity. Plus she's whip-smart and very funny.

6 Comments:

At November 12, 2008 12:37 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/massey.html

I totally agree. I only caught the last 20 minutes or so, but will definitely go back to hear the whole thing.

 
At November 12, 2008 12:42 p.m., Blogger The Dude said...

She's good. Have you read Oryx and Crake yet?

 
At November 13, 2008 3:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Atwood is a National Treasure but her droning nasal monotone drives me bananas. Or maybe that's just how you all talk over there in Ontariario...

 
At November 13, 2008 9:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

No no no, BBB, her voice has always driven me up the wall too. But her delivery of the Massey Lectures are fantastic. I have been converted. Really, really, give it a try. You can listen from the website link I inseted in my first comment.

 
At November 14, 2008 6:18 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

Oh crap... if I wrote down a list of the things on our bookshelves (plural) that shouldn't be there, I would be able to complete NaNoWriMo.

 
At January 29, 2009 8:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you going to write another post banjeroo? We miss yoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home