Tuesday, January 15, 2008

weekend update

The weekends here have been great.

  • Exhibit A: Two weekends ago we skied/snow-tramped into an abandoned caboose just outside Skagway Alaska and slept in it. I'll post pictures from that in a bit. Some of us hung out in our Selk Bags/Gumby Suits (articulated sleeping bags), some of us just sipped a lot from the flask.

  • Exhibit B: One weekend ago my sister and I and a pal skied from Fish Lake into Whitehorse over a little pass in the mountains. I discovered that putting hot-shots in your bra helps keep all the important tender bits toasty!

  • Exhibit C: Just this last weekend, after a night of karaoke at the skivey Boiler Room and an unforgettable rendition of "Black Magic Woman"* we drove up to Kluane and skied the Oriole Trail, a little 15-km up and down dealio. Very pretty. I still have to download the photos.**


Here are some from Exhibit B. Going up from Fish Lake:






Skiing through the pass:


Skiing down the other side, heart POUNDING, quads BURNING, nipples FROZEN (it was -20 degrees Celsius)***:



I'm heading back south to my usual location on Wednesday morning. Hello, sunshine! I've had a great time up here but I would like a taste of Vitamin D please!


---------
* Look, HE'S the singer -- YOU'RE the dancer, the douche-who-takes-his-job-as-karaoke-coordinator-WAY-too-seriously said to my sister, (who was fantastic, for the record).

** Yes, fat camp is ongoing, unrelenting, exhausting.

*** I believe coming down the other side for several kilometers at breathtaking speed in the cold with the spectacular scenery and everything in my body burning with either lactic acid or frostbite, I might have been heard to exclaim "Geez Lou-fucking-WEEZ!!!!" several times through my ice-encrusted balaclava.

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2008 7:14 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

hahahaha - it's not something I have ever imagined - Peekaboo Street thundering to a halt after the womens super-g, hands clutched to her chest, shouting "My F*CKING NIPPLES ARE FROZEN!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home