Monday, December 24, 2007

visiting my sister is like going to fat camp

Today we went for a 25km (15 mile) ski in the hills and boy, it was great. Here's high noon in Whitehorse, just after the shortest day of the year:



That's the same view where I saw my first sun dogs a few days ago but I didn't have my camera with me so you'll just have to imagine it.

Today my sister and a pal and I made it up to the Copper Haul Road. This photo looks darker than it really was, because my camera freaked out on the glow of northern sunlight on the mountains in the background and then couldn't handle the shadows here:



My sister snapped this one of me as we made our way along the ridge where the tracksetting ended and we had to make our way along ragged snowmobile tracks:



We were out for about three hours, which other than pretty much constantly moving included a few stops to snack and drink, a couple of frozen-bum pees just off the trail, and one very quick stop to re-wax. My arms are so tired that to wash my hair in the shower I had to kind of flick the shampoo up to my head from a feeble semi-raised position, and then I kind of rubbed my head into the shower tiles to build up a lather. I'd love to eat something, but can you raise the fork to my mouth? Thanks.

Happy Christmas everyone! Feed me some pudding.

2 Comments:

At December 25, 2007 12:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Darling Banjeroo- take me skiing again one day!

 
At December 30, 2007 5:36 p.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

Bah... Humbug... skiing... and here I am coughing my lungs up... lol

Of course I am spouting crap as per normal.

Best wishes, and may the world hold you in the palm of it's hand :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home