Monday, January 14, 2008

morning in the Horse

At 9:52 AM today, my sister and I were driving down Two-Mile Hill into town and there were pinkish-orange sunrise clouds in the sky. It has been light for almost two hours, but dawn itself happens late. Sun still isn't up, but there's that cool golden light making very very long shadows for everything. This is all very normal for the tens of thousands of people who live in the north. For me, after almost five weeks here, it's still a strange phenomenon. It's also the first time in my life that I've been up at the crack of dawn so many days in a row.

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2008 6:45 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

This is where you hit me - I have been getting up at 8am for the last few days and cycling into work at 8:40.

Of course that will all change when the children arrive, but for the moment I am enjoying it.

You have to take photos of that morning light.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home