Tuesday, March 13, 2007

to the power of two

Just had two dear friends (brothers) from Edmonton visit me. They never read this website, or at least I don't think they do. I think it's because they have better things to do than sit in front of a computer; that or I swear too much. (Shocking though it may be, some of my friends are very wholesome.)

Other than getting to have these two super fun guys to hang out with all weekend, the best part was that one brought his fiddle and the other brought his banjo. That's all anyone really needs I think. (In the only good Peanuts cartoon ever, Linus muses that new born babies should all be issued a banjo at birth to help make life more tolerable. I'd only add that a FIDDLE with a banjo would help make life fantastic.)

Making music is hard for me sometimes because I can be so self-conscious in performance and undisciplined in practice; and I've buried myself in so many other things this last year that I've really neglected the old sweet banjer.

Hearing them play reminded me to GET ON IT.

3 Comments:

At March 13, 2007 8:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'd only add that a FIDDLE with a banjo would help make life fantastic."

Does that mean that life for a banjo player, such as yourself, would be fantastic if it was spent with a fiddle player??

Perhaps you know one? hmmm?

 
At March 14, 2007 12:44 p.m., Blogger banjeroo said...

Who the heck wrote the above comment? Reveal yourself!

 
At March 16, 2007 1:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear you. I thought I would be pretty good by now (14 months after receiving my banjo), but I practice in fits and starts, so I'm good for a few weeks with a couple of songs, then neglect it and lose ground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home