Friday, February 23, 2007

refined tastes

Sorry for the irregular posting. I've been in a bit of a slump. Not the suicidal ideation kind of slump; just the "holy shit, have I permanently fucked up my life" kind of slump. You know, the "lock yourself in a bathroom stall at work and sob desperately" kind of slump, the "burst into tears on the phone with your mom when she calls you at the office (fortunately after all co-workers have left for home)" kind of slump.

On the outside, I'm keeping my shit together; and you know, for the most part, I really am a pretty, um, happy person. But you know, sometimes I look at what's going on, what I've been doing, my lack of direction, purpose and meaning, and everything seems like it's built on this rickety scaffolding of bullshit. And oh yeah, there's still war, cruelty, stupidity and global warming.

On another note, I had a glass of wine last night with an old friend CS, who was visiting from overseas. He always complains that he's never mentioned on my blog, because he, like most people I guess, really loves to read about himself. Anyway, we were sitting around bantering, four of us, and eventually a new bottle was opened and poured.

CS: "This one -- this one is [grimaces with disgust and contempt like no one else can]."
PW: [certainly disappointed] "Well, it's lighter than the others."
CS: "It's not lighter. It tastes like a cat, smoking a cigarette, pissing itself."

(Which I privately categorized as "Idea #3 for a new tattoo".)

6 Comments:

At February 23, 2007 8:39 p.m., Blogger Hooker said...

The purpose terrors.

I get them and I'm 26.

'I WASTED THE FIRST HALF OF MY 20'S!! I'LL NEVER BE A MEMBER OF DURAN DURAN!! I'M FAT AND CAN'T COOK GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP A MAN!!'

or some shit like that.

 
At February 24, 2007 1:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear hooker, wait a little . . . and Dear banjeroo, everything wasted offers itself a second time . . .

 
At February 24, 2007 1:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

However, you must begin now.

 
At February 26, 2007 12:38 p.m., Blogger Hooker said...

Yoda? That you?

 
At February 26, 2007 3:26 p.m., Blogger The Dude said...

The only course of action for you now, Banji, is to hack off your hair and then check yourself into rehab. Or as Jack would say, "I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway."

 
At March 01, 2007 10:13 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

my advice is "try to give less of a shit" (* you have to hear this in a Yorkshire accent for it to work properly)

also, happiness is other people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home