Sunday, November 12, 2006

all my heros are neurotic whiners*

My Dad, a frequent reader and lovingly unimpressed with some of my lamer posts for NaBloPoMo, said that my whinging on this blog lately has reminded him a little of Jonathan Goldstein, who does WireTap on CBC Radio.


THANKS DAD!!!!!

See, some people think WireTap is a huge waste of time, (and the description on the main page does not capture what it really is at all), but to me it's aural manna as I wander the desert of my Sunday afternoon.

Almost two years ago (back when it aired on Tuesday or Wednesday nights) I wrote to WireTap:

timestamp: 2005-02-23 10:28:40 EST

I laughed SO HARD listening to Wire Tap last night and would love to hear it again. It's the one where Goldstein is searching for the source of his deep-seated generalized hostility and traces it back to his bris. I thought it was brilliant. How can I hear it again?

Thanks for making me cackle with delight in my car on my way home.


AND JONATHAN HIMSELF WROTE BACK!!!

Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 6:44:33 PM
Thanks for the nice email. Sadly, there aren't any online archives...
though I guess you could call audience relations for cd's. All the best,
Jonathan.


WireTap has a great FAQ. The best one is this:

Q: Can I buy the transcript of a conversation featured on WireTap?

A: Most WireTap conversations are born from hours of improvised material that no one in their right mind would want to transcribe, so forgive us if we do not make them available. For now, if you’d like to read something you’ve heard on WireTap you’ll just have to sit by your tape deck, record the show and then type it out yourself.


Now, if you don't mind, I'm behind on the much easier NaDruWriNi. Urp.

-------
*Except you, Pa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home