Wednesday, April 05, 2006

look on my works ye mighty and despair

banjeroo: also, you know what is funny about blogging? every now and then I feel repulsed by doing it
that it is narcissistic and pointless and dull
I start to hate my blog
sister: i know what you mean
banjeroo: and want to stop
sister: i felt that way too with mine
banjeroo: I mean, I just do it to be frivolous
and to practice writing
sister: its very narcissistic and pointless and dumb
but also fun
it's a performance
actors and comedians must struggle with the same issues
banjeroo: yes
sister: and writers for that matter
especially memoir writers
banjeroo: I almost posted our brother's email response to me, the geeky clever funny lawyer one
and just got seized out of the blue with embarrassment that I'd even consider it
it feels gross
yes, memoir writers!
I keep thinking of Ozymandias, king of kings, look on my works ye mighty and despair
who gives a crap

(Caveat: All this despite the fact that I read and genuinely enjoy other people's blogs without drawing these conclusions about them.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home