Tuesday, April 25, 2006

got to go work on my guns and my can

Heading off to the gym now, but before I go, I want to mention this fabulous belated birthday present from the ever-cool, ultra-hip "Hawk" and "PBC". On the box it says "Are you over thirty? Nerdy, uncool, or simply suburban? Get hip in mere days!"



Over thirty? Yup. Nerdy? Sure! Uncool? Possibly. Simply suburban? Never. But I still qualify I think, because I'm not entirely sure about how to use the word "crunk". But I'm keen. So don't be surprised if I start using words like "janky" and "hella" in my posts.

I've always had a soft spot for slang. Maybe because I spend so much of my professional life fussing over correct grammar and spelling.

p.s. "Guns" and "can" are not in the deck. But I want to revive "can" as a common synonym for rump. Help me out on that one.

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2006 4:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriend,
I be purchasing dat shit wit’ a quickness. Gonna be tha baddest stone-cold big-willie highrollah in da whole muthafukkin’ physics department. Word. Mmm hmmm. Uh huh. Oh yeah.

 
At April 28, 2006 3:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always quite liked 'patootie' as a term for the posterior. Never really liked 'bottom' ever since I heard my high school chemistry teacher say, 'put your bottom on your seat and stay there' during a ammonia experiment that went badly wrong. Something about the way he lingered slightly over 'bottom', eeurgh, eek.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home