Thursday, August 14, 2008

I fought the lawn...

...and I might have won, although the clouds of fumes spewed from the mower and inhaled by me probably shaved 6-8 months off my life.

What I have learned is that if you spend a total of 45 minutes at your house in the course of a month*, things are bound to go to hell on the domestic front, signaled partly by the development of a suffocating lushness in the yard featuring towering milkweeds, knee-high grasses, and grapevine runners with leaves as big as dinner plates. I found two guys back there who didn't know WWII was over, and I reunited them with their families. But first we watched a bit of the Olympics, which was a nice way to stimulate some interesting discussions and help get them up to speed on present day geopolitics.

-----
* and during that 45 minutes, do nothing but PANIC!!1!

1 Comments:

At September 01, 2008 11:05 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

I fight with our lawn on a continual basis. Strong words don't seem to work, do they.

Bramble bushes have got it in for me. Every damn time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home