Friday, June 27, 2008

Sweet tapdancing Christ, hold my hand for this

Come on, it's overcast skies and it has been rainy for days and I'm so tired and I WANT COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Could you hear me whining from over there?!

OK, it's time for some rational analysis.

PART A

Finish this sentence:

Coffee makes me feel...

...ALIVE ALERT HAPPY SMARTER THAN I REALLY AM FULL OF TIGER GROWLS READY TO LIFT TRUCK OFF BABY ME HULK ME HULK HAPPY

...also eventually more anxious, jumpy, moody, prone to useless rumination and fretting, plus I also tend to put on weight a bit when I drink it because it messes with my insulin and blood sugar, making me feel hungry more often.

PART B

When I'm not drinking coffee I feel...

calm, grounded, drowsy.


CONCLUSION

Is decaf okay? Can I just smell yours? What if I just swish it around in my mouth and spit it out?

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2008 5:59 p.m., Blogger TitanKT said...

So how's the no coffee thing going? You haven't posted in a couple of days, did you keel over? I sure hope not.

I like that you listed out pros and cons because that's a convincing argument. Without that I would've said, you know... life's too short. Have the coffee. But if it really does have measurable deleterious effects, then perhaps your sacrifice will be rewarded. I wish for you an adequate substitute... one that will befriend you in the same way that coffee had prior, but that will not have the added baggage.

 
At July 10, 2008 10:00 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

I was going to draw a cartoon on my blog of the before/after coffee effect on me at work.

I *have* to do it now, don't I...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home