Thursday, May 10, 2007

keeping in mind I've only watched Season 1

Things I find dumb on Battlestar:

1) That over-sexed bleach-blonde Cylon - the one who walks around wanting to hump everything - never moves her lower jaw when she talks!

2) People get in fist fights and get their heads and necks seriously traumatised and they aren't even stiff or sore afterwards! Just bloody and bruised - good, easy stuff for the makeup crew! No one breaks any phalanges or sprains a wrist!*


I am reflecting on this in particular because I was rear-ended yesterday in a low-speed collision on my way home. I was sitting there, and got my sweet Honda ass plowed by the car behind, which plowed me into the back of the pickup truck ahead. The speed of the car that hit me was about 25 km/hr. Enough that the squeal of his tires on the pavement was heard in space, but not enough that any blood was drawn, or any bumpers fell off. So not a big deal.

I felt fine at the time, if a tiny bit shaken, and there was not much damage to the cars involved. Three hours later, I had a massive headache, stiff and sore shoulders. I know I'm no Kara Thrace, (though ALMOST, mofos!) but - my chiro told me that collisions like that are the rough equivalent to getting clocked in the head - just no resulting bruises.

So I'm stiff today, but Starbuck can get her ass whipped by a superhuman Cylon thing and then be sprinting up stairs and nimbly springing in and out of vehicles the next day.

What's that? Oh yes. IT'S NOT REAL.

----
*Everything else on the show is perfect.

8 Comments:

At May 10, 2007 3:21 p.m., Blogger John E. White said...

Is this a popular show? Anyone?

 
At May 10, 2007 3:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not just popular, it's brilliant. Utterly brilliant. I would say it's the best TV ever but I think it's tied with the Sopranos and the Wire. Also the Hilarious House of Frightenstein.

But be fair, Banjeroo, Kara does limp around a bit for at least the rest of the episode. And Number 6 does have an irritating way of holding her face immobile whilst talking but just wait til later on in the next series...heh heh heh

 
At May 10, 2007 3:28 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh and Helo (aka Karl Agathon, aka Tahmoh Penikett) is just the most lovely man with the biggest arms I've ever seen...swoon...

 
At May 10, 2007 3:31 p.m., Blogger banjeroo said...

TAHMOH! TAHMOH! OH MAN OF THE YUKON WITH YOUR ENORMOUS ARMS AND SKOOKUM GUNS, BE MINE!

 
At May 10, 2007 11:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a warning...don't under any circumstances watch past the first season. I know that second season will tempt you and you will probably give in but it gets bad pretty quick (especially season 2.5). I've caved and watched all three seasons and the first is definitely the best.

 
At May 14, 2007 11:22 a.m., Blogger The Dude said...

Bronwyn speaks truth. Season 2 is a bummer, and I won't be tempted by season 3! Just watch the mini-series over and over.

PS - Starbuck is killed off in season 3. Just thought you'd like to know.

 
At May 15, 2007 3:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, season 2 is a tad on the depressing side, but so what? so's life! it's the most realistic thing about the show- I mean, we have gone and destroyed our planet, torture is now a legitimate pursuit for 'democracies' again, unbridled capitalism rules, hell, sometimes I would prefer a Cylon attack, at least it gets it all over with more quickly.

And it's raining AGAIN today...

 
At May 18, 2007 3:37 p.m., Blogger The Dude said...

Season 2 is a bummer for no other reason than it sux.

Random things that suck about season 2:
- Still can't detect cylons? What? A space-faring civilization can't detect creatures with glowing spines and the ability to transmit terabytes of information from their heads across space when they die? Ya.
- Cylons, are they bad, or just misunderstood? WTF?
- In a time of great duress facing near certain extinction it's a good idea to start bickering about politics. Ya.
- Why do we care about the black market?
- So the cylons have programs that take down all the modern space fleet, leaving only the non-networked Galactica to survive. Cool idea. No wait, scratch that, here's the Pegusus.
- So here's a crappy planet, let's settle on it and leave the fleet unmanned. Ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home