Monday, January 15, 2007

and I'm in the front row, and I'm hammered drunk

Best things about the weekend:

  1. Friday evening - I come home to two guests who have let themselves in with their key: Rock and her hilarious aunt who I love. We drink wine, order in Thai, drink wine, bake cookies and drink wine.
  2. Saturday morning - Pancakes from scratch with berries and maple syrup. Then, we solve all the world's problems! Sort of.
  3. Saturday, 2 pm. We are still in our pajamas. Rock suggests we drink champagne with strawberries and do tarot readings. OK!
  4. Ballad of Ricky Bobby, which made us both feel precocious and full of wonderment. Or maybe it was the bourbon. Which Rock poured, saying "I don't really know how much is 'too much', so this [a couple of inches] OK?"




By the end of Saturday I felt like I'd had a whole weekend's worth of weekendiness, so it was okay that Sunday was all work and kind of sucked.

------
UPDATE: Oh, and there was that whole thing of my IWF 4 Evr getting a new baby! I lost the baby-birth-time pool, but I won a second International Nephew. Or something. (I haven't cleared this with the parents yet.) So congratulations to my IWF 4 Evr and his little family! And Powerade is delicious! (If you look at his pics, you will see that his wife Magda and little boys are gorgeous.)

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2007 5:21 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

I love that line... "I'd had a whole weekend's worth of weekendiness"

Sounds like the kind of thing either Blackadder or Pooh Bear would come out with...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home