Sunday, November 19, 2006

motorized hypnotic squirrel

So you might be wondering why I'd be staying in a hipster boutique hotel in T-dot when I have a bunch of good pals there who'd put me up.

Simple explanation: It's because I won a prize!! Last month I entered a raffle and I won the night at the hotel, tickets for some really good comedy (hosted at the hotel), and dinner for two at Oyster Boy. Rah!

So after the fun noodly day with my funky aunt, I met up with a hot little actress friend of mine (not famous YET) and we slurped back oysters, chugged some vino, and then joined some other pals to cackle at the clever funny people until 2 AM. Then the actress bid us adieu and went home to her boyfriend. Then the remaining people stayed up until Stupid O'Clock, dancing and eating cheesies and drinking beer and later trying to get my dinky little karaoke machine to work.

(Did you know that you cannot order pizza in Toronto after 3 AM? What the hell?)

In the morning, I luxuriated in lolling about in the mountains of fluffy bedding and watching trash TV.

Of COURSE "While You Were Out" was on, and at one point the designer guy said "Well, it's time to work on the motorized hypnotic squirrel."

And I thought: "Hell yah! Oh man, when did this show get to be so AWESOME?"

I was pretty excited, and even pictured it in my mind's eye, and wondered how they were going to make it, what kind of motor, where do the glue gun and nail gun and spray paint come in? Because I was kind of thinking of taking notes and maybe making one for myself later.

And then it turned out to be this kind of squirrel*:




*Meaning, I'd misheard "swirl".

3 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 12:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens ?

 
At November 20, 2006 4:47 p.m., Blogger think tank said...

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do." - Jean-Paul Sartre

shame about not getting the pizza.

 
At November 21, 2006 2:09 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

Ha! "Squirrel".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home