Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dr. Silkenstein

If Matt Hooker can have Beef, and J&M can have these guys,* I can have Dr. Silkenstein**:



Other possible names:
  • Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (who famously turned gold into cottage cheese)
  • Beauregard (after the janitor on The Muppet Show)
  • Rorschach
  • Louis, sort of after the swan in E.B. White's The Trumpet of the Swan
  • Ferris (obvious)
  • Arlo
  • Department of Justice


Another reasonable suggestion:

how about:

Solomon

Solomon Andre (to name after famous swedish hot air balloonist who attempted to fly balloon to north pole in 1897)

then you get all these great/cute nicknames - Saul, Solly, Mani, Solo***


I kind of like the idea of a northern-inspired name because I'm so crazy about the Yukon, but I can't just call the dog Yukon, because that's already the name of a big truck.****

OK, peanut gallery, your turn!

--------
* Yes, I did just compare your two human children to puppies, but I mean it in the nicest way.

** Those scratches on my chest are my own fault. I went into the big puppy pen, partly reclined on the blanket they have learned not to soil, and squealed "Puppiespuppiespuppieeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!" so that I had six beautiful creatures clambering all over me with their tiny needle-sharp puppy claws. Absolutely worth all physical damage sustained.

*** Which also means I'd call it Han Solo, OBVIOUSLY.

**** God, I am sick of over-sized super-polluting vehicles being named after wide open, beautiful natural places. We all know that your truck is going to spend 99% of its life in the city while you pretend to be nature-loving and adventurous, you big self-deluding fraud.

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 3:11 p.m., Blogger sgazzetti said...

While I understand that there are so many wonderful nomenclature possibilities out there, if you renege on this DOJ thing I am likely to be mildly disappointed.

 
At March 27, 2008 4:13 p.m., Blogger Hooker said...

arlo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home