Tuesday, August 07, 2007

status report: brain melting, system failure imminent

So when I arrived at the office this morning straight from the cross-country redeye feeling like I'd been dragged through the cat's ass backward, I had the lingering otherworldly-feeling recollection that only six hours before I'd been having a pleasant late-night pint of Granville Island Pale Ale with my friend Aisha in the Vancouver airport, who happened to be on the same plane as me.

Only a few hours before that, I had been wolfing spaghetti at my brother's place,* and only an hour before that, I had been floating around with my sister, sister-in-law, good friend, and 10-month-old cute-tinskilicious niece in the Takhini Hot Springs. (We didn't put the baby in the hot-hot pool, just the warm one.**)

Today is terribly painful, exhaustion-wise and brain-thinking-wise, but as my friend B says, how defeatingly sleepy I am today will be forgotten in a few days, but hanging with the ladies, kissing water-wrinkled 10-month-old feet, and getting that soaked little munchkin to giggle is stuff I can get some mileage out of for some time.

I'll get some pics up soon.

----
* In Whitehorse you can arrive at the airport 20 minutes before your flight takes off, which is perfect for me - and well really - my entire family (except you, mom).

** No one wanted baby soup, although I am sure it would have been delicious.

3 Comments:

At August 07, 2007 2:10 p.m., Blogger Hooker said...

Not having a day off after travel is the worst. Even worse when you start traveling and end in your office chair without going home. I too did that in May.

Your pillow softly whispers your name. You'll soon float into his puffy embrace.

 
At August 08, 2007 9:58 a.m., Blogger The Dude said...

Banj, in that situation it's always advisable to give blood and then go out for a few drinks before dinner. Trust me, it's great.

 
At August 09, 2007 9:20 p.m., Blogger banjeroo said...

Close, Dude.

I went out for drinks with my friend Doug and then we ended up playing drunk tennis at a paved public court a few blocks from the bar. It was a great summer night, we were both sweating. I wore a green terrycloth headband and a borrowed pair of his basketball shorts. I haven't tennised since I was 15 so the quality of play was poor, but it was fun!

Then we went and watched the latest Harry Potter where I repeatedly nearly passed out from exhaustion at the most exciting moments.

THEN I went home and felt the puffy embrace of my pillow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home