Tuesday, July 31, 2007

setting things straight

Hey! This website may have sounded like a ridiculous adolescent recounting of reckless partying lately, so I want to formally disabuse you of any notions that my sister and I are not 99% fucking serious and responsible 99% of the time. Those stats equal seriously high odds of finding us ready to drive you to the airport, water your plants while you're away and stamp out frivolity wherever we see it. STAMP! STAMP!

So two nights ago, my sister and I went and camped out at the very beautiful Kusuwa Lake and then in the morning paddled the very beautiful Takhini River. The night at the lake she made a Thai green curry while I set up the tent and organized gear. Then we ate dinner on the shore of the lake as waves lapped up by our toes and the sun glowed on the mountains around us.

Then her dog* hunted something and brought it to us, so we skinned it and ate it too. That's how serious we are. Pictures in a few days.

-----
* (part Shepherd, part Husky, part Greyhound, part Pretty Boy, part Prince, part Two-Year-Old, part Grizzly, part Mule)

7 Comments:

At August 01, 2007 6:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have buried it and poured rum over the grave.

Plus, the whole thing seems rather innocent and in line with two responsible (possibly even well-reared, if there is such a notion) sisters on holiday. Lovely to read along, though.

 
At August 02, 2007 12:33 a.m., Blogger banjeroo said...

It felt so caricaturistically Canadian to just skin and eat something your dog kills and brings you. I don't know why I didn't bring that cable with me so I could get the photos from my camera to a computer, but I didn't.

It wasn't a samsquantch, unfortunately, but they DO know all about samsquantches up here: http://sasquatchlove.blogspot.com/

Anonymous, when you come to visit me this fall we'll skin and cook a bad book or two, but we'll stick to eating the tomatoes from my garden.

 
At August 03, 2007 4:20 a.m., Blogger Jonathan Beckett said...

I have the same problem you do - the only "note worthy" things I find to write about are usually steeped in idiocy.

Of course I am not allowed to write a word about my work, which would elevate me in many people's estimations...

 
At August 03, 2007 2:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/roasted_squirrel_camp

 
At August 03, 2007 2:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last link should finish as "... roasted_squirrel_camp"

 
At August 04, 2007 3:49 a.m., Blogger banjeroo said...

Oh my god, L, my "sisto", that is one of the funniest articles I have ever read.

Thank you!!!

 
At August 04, 2007 9:21 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want my children to kill squirrels and roast them, and suck the marrow from their little bones with gusto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home