Saturday, October 21, 2006

Nacho Libra

Here's the other new niece, very shortly after birth, and so still cute in that squished koala/old-man kind of way:

My astrology-obsessed friend (she's taking courses and everything) did this little one's chart already (at my request), and at first glance reported:
THIS LITTLE ONE IS TRULY A THROUGH AND THROUGH LIBRA - DOUBLE LIBRA/VENUS RULES HER CHART. I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF SHE DOES NOT TURN OUT TO BE DROP DEAD GORGEOUS. SUPERFICIAL I KNOW, BUT WE WILL GET TO THE OTHER STUFF IN TIME.*

Personally, I waver between A) being totally fascinated by astrology and marvelling at how accurate it is (seriously, I don't mean newspaper horoscopes, I mean the actual crazy specific chart things with cusps and houses and ascendents and is Pluto an asteroid now? etc.), and 2) thinking how on earth can this possibly work, it's all absolute bunk.

What do you think? Cool metaphysical tool and eerily effective method to analyze personality types and potentials? OR TOTAL FRIKKIN' HOGWARSH?!

*Clearly she knows that CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL. Note also that my astrology obsessed friend is Libra, IS in fact very pretty, and has this theory that all Librans are beautiful, which she says is because Librans are ruled by Venus etc. etc.

2 Comments:

At October 24, 2006 4:14 p.m., Blogger think tank said...

astrology is a pseudo-science, at at best, an extremely vague and general prediction of actions and human behavior based on broad personality traits, and at worse, a consuming and ridiculous waste of time, in my humble opinion.

 
At October 28, 2006 7:59 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Astrology... right up there with reading your tea leaves, or toothless hags throwing stones on the ground and predicting doom.

I once refused to buy "lucky heather" from kind looking gypsy woman in Oxford town center. She instantaneously went into toothless hag mode and threw multiple curses and insults at me.

Go figure...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home