Friday, June 03, 2005

some people love movie popcorn but I think it's salty horseshit

It's funny, I only recently confessed to my friend Mike that I sometimes bring my own popcorn to movies, and just now, my friend Drew has confessed that he thinks "movie popcorn is another incarnation of Satan".

So with all this Jungian synchronicity happening, clearly it's time to go public with this. I bring my own popcorn sometimes.

I'm not cheap. I'm just a hedonist and I think it's better. It tastes better. It has real butter. It has the right amount of salt. It's air popped. It doesn't cost a fantastically ridiculous six dollars or whatever. It costs ten cents. It won't give you a coronary. Just put it in your backpack and crack it open when the previews start.

Even better, bring your own popcorn AND soda on a Tuesday night (at least in Ontario, that's when tickets are half-price). That's right -- stick it to The Man!


4 Comments:

At June 06, 2005 8:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So why then do you always order the super-mega-combo with Xtra large popcorn every time we go?

 
At June 07, 2005 7:12 a.m., Blogger banjeroo said...

It's really hard to watch a movie in a theater without popcorn! All I'm saying really, is I like my popcorn WAY better than movie popcorn.

I'll bring some next time we go.

 
At June 08, 2005 4:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?! You people seem to think these gold plated Learjets and cocaine laden hookers grow on trees! How I am supposed to eke out a living if you stop eating my overpriced salty horseshit, hmmm?

 
At June 15, 2005 5:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 'da man', the hubster and me think you sound like you may also be a opto-electronics physicist, could that be right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home