Friday, June 03, 2005

seizing the baton

Like chain mail, only more self-aggrandizing in the way that you get to reveal what good taste you have. Yee-haw!

Total volume of music files on my computer: My computer is in a box right now so I can't check, but in referring to my iPod it's safe to guess a little over 3000 songs.

The last CD I bought was: Blacklisted by Neko Case and Her Boyfriends because I got hooked on If You Knew, a song that I found on 3hive, and which is on her live album, but which reminded me how much I love that woman. On If You Knew, the way she sings these lines kills me: "She spends her daddy's money and she drives her daddy's cars, and what's crazy is the way you think that's style."

Song Playing Right Now: I'm 9 Today, by Mรบm.

Five songs I am listening to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:
(Like Rik's list, wildly arbitrary, and would vary from week to week)

  1. Ego Tripping (Self Admiration with Blow-up Mix) by The Flaming Lips, another song I have nearly ruined.
  2. Autumn Sweater by Yo La Tengo, but I listen to all their heartbreakers frequently.
  3. I'm Looking Through You by The Beatles because it's not only a brilliant song by itself, but it also captures exactly how I feel about my life right in this moment, (and how I feel about he who shall not be mentioned because I've wasted enough breath and time etc.)...
  4. Get a Move On by Mr. Scruff, (whoever that is), compiled by some guy named Stephane Pompougnac, from a mix a friend pulled together for me, it's a great late-night driving song, and one I had on repeat on the lone drive up to that paddling course a couple of weeks ago.
  5. Don't Let It Get You Down by Spoon.
Now, I have no idea who to pass this on to. No one else I know blogs or has an iPod.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home