Thursday, May 19, 2005

confession

I have been repeatedly, obsessively listening to the freakishly other-worldly Kate Bush's song "Wuthering Heights", which was supposedly top of the charts for a month in 1978.

The chorus, as you may know, is an almost inarticulate, dramatic, spiralling if-it-were-any-higher-only-dogs-could-hear-it version of these words:
Heathcliff, it's me - Cathy.
Come home - I'm so cold!
Let me in-a-your window.
I mean, I've always liked Kate Bush (usually in small doses), so that's no big deal. She's weird but she's clearly a genius of some kind, and I love that she really does her own thing.

The intense burning shame of it though is that I downloaded it from RUSSELL CROWE'S CELEBRITY PLAYLIST on iTunes. I mean, for the love of all that is holy...



(But isn't it amusing to imagine the burly stubbled uber-macho General Maximus blissing out to Kate Bush before stabbing a tiger with a trident?)

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2005 4:21 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me revisionist, but I will never cease to think of The Insider when I hear the name Russel Crowe -- a truly inspired, pre-uber-macho-tiger-spearing piece of acting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home