Monday, May 09, 2005

asleep midafternoon as you so often are during the unmerciful hours of your despair

Jane Kenyon struggled with depression and wrote some lovely poems.

I don't struggle with depression per se, but oh Lord, oh Lord, I can feel down. And there are few things worse, in the down category, than feeling that I've made a mistake, grossly mishandled something, and/or hurt someone dear to me.

It makes me feel like I'm not grown-up, and has me despairing that I'll never ever be as wise and gracious as I hope to be.

1 Comments:

At May 11, 2005 3:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more you feel the down, the more you feel the up.
Be glad for your ability to feel such infinite joy and beauty in the good times, and realize that it just means you've also got to feel the pain and sorrow in the not so good times.

Some people live with a much narrower scope of emotions. Pity them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home