Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Why can't a woman be just what she seems? Must she be tarnished by men who can only be men in their dreams?

Oh Elvis.

Do you see why I love this man?


I also heard him interviewed by the somehow almost ubiquitous
Sook-Yin Lee on CBC's Definitely Not the Opera (DNTO for those in the know). Despite being (ahem) "widely known throughout Canada as a gifted musician, actor, filmmaker, television host and producer" (sorry, what?), I don't think she has any idea what makes good radio, and it always sounds like she's trying TOO HARD. (How I miss the dulcet tones and calm confidence of former host, Nora Young.)

Anyway, in yet another awkwardly conducted interview, Sook-Yin was talking with Elvis and she said something like: "On your latest album, I hear a lot of urgency and intensity. Where does that come from?" He said "Well, I feel intense and urgent most of the time."


Oh, me too, Elvis. Me too.


(And by the way, the answer to first question is: who is? and the answer to the second question is: no, no they don't have to be.)

1 Comments:

At April 29, 2005 8:06 AM, Blogger canukistan said...

Gotta disagree. Nora always wanted to make me stick hot pokers in my ears and OD on methanol at the same time. SYL not so much, plus she can make an acronym out of anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home