Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Why can't a woman be just what she seems? Must she be tarnished by men who can only be men in their dreams?

Oh Elvis.

Do you see why I love this man?


I also heard him interviewed by the somehow almost ubiquitous
Sook-Yin Lee on CBC's Definitely Not the Opera (DNTO for those in the know). Despite being (ahem) "widely known throughout Canada as a gifted musician, actor, filmmaker, television host and producer" (sorry, what?), I don't think she has any idea what makes good radio, and it always sounds like she's trying TOO HARD. (How I miss the dulcet tones and calm confidence of former host, Nora Young.)

Anyway, in yet another awkwardly conducted interview, Sook-Yin was talking with Elvis and she said something like: "On your latest album, I hear a lot of urgency and intensity. Where does that come from?" He said "Well, I feel intense and urgent most of the time."


Oh, me too, Elvis. Me too.


(And by the way, the answer to first question is: who is? and the answer to the second question is: no, no they don't have to be.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home