Sunday, April 13, 2008

nobody knows the trouble he's seen

Brushed out the little Fluffernutter today and he acted like it was the great puppy massacre of 2008. You should have heard the screaming. You'd have thought I was gouging his eyes out. Like any good mama, I just held him in my iron grip and cooed to him while I finished the job. Come on, dog! You get fed, snuggled, romped, and I pick up your poop! What do you do but chew, nap and hump?

Cutest things lately:

1) He loves to curl up on the oregano bush in my spring-muddy garden and comes in smelling like Italian meatballs.

2) He sticks his whole face in the snow as if he was taking a serious stab at bobbing for apples, then snorts and prances around high-stepping. Then he does it again.

We've made a lot of progress, Atticus and me. He now sleeps past 6:30 AM and pees on command, always outside now (though the paper is staying on the floor for one more week). He has also been corrected enough on the "not ok to hump/ok to hump" divide enough that he gets it right about 95% of the time.

Not OK to Hump:


  1. human adults
  2. human children
  3. sofa cushions
  4. my down jacket
  5. really, dog, any of my stuff is off limits


OK to Hump:

  1. lamiedoodle


Yup, that's right. The Lambiedoodle is definitely a lower-rank dog than you in this pack. Go nuts!*


--------
* Especially while you still have them. MWAHAHAHAHAAA.**
** Sorry, that was terrible.

2 Comments:

At April 14, 2008 4:39 a.m., Blogger sgazzetti said...

So, are we supposed to be doing more than chew, nap and hump? 'Cause I never got that memo.

 
At April 14, 2008 12:58 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA.

SHEEPY!

Beef has that same toy. I call it sheepy.

I like the sick noise it makes. "eeSKWAAAAAUUUGH"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home