Friday, January 06, 2006

my idea of a good time

Is to go for a long ski in fresh snow with a friend I've known almost all my life, come home sweaty and have a hot shower, eat some delicious food (pasta with pesto) turn off the phones, make myself a snack because I'm still hungry (two red peppers sliced up and a homemade garlic-curry dip), and watch a film I've wanted to see for a while.

Then to bed, where I might start reading something wonderful before I nod off, like Thomas King's The Truth About Stories.

What's your idea of a good time?

Agenda for today: sushi lunch (being thrown by work pals to celebrate the launch of my big mofo project, and several other big mofo projects), then another ski in the hills, then probably more reading/eating/showering/movie-watching and I'll throw in a little banjo to round it all out.

Before I go start my day (yes, at 10:30), I extend many thanks to my pal Tom for this link - if you need a good dose of fresh Jack Handey.

p.s. Am I the only one who loves saying "mofo" but feels quite uncomfortable and avoids saying what it's short for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home